IT Support Engineer 30k
We are looking for a permanent, full-time, IT support engineer to help develop and support the existing School network. The successful candidate must have strong and proven experience with Microsoft technologies and have been involved in migration and upgrade projects. The successful candidate will also Capable of being extroverted and collaborative
The ICT support engineer will be expected to install, support and maintain the network infrastructure, including monitoring network performance and upgrades of file, print, application, firewall and web servers. Create and maintain user accounts, support the desktop environment and follow a defined process to manage configurations and changes to ICT equipment. Appropriately test changes to systems. Maintain accurate records in terms of identification and system configuration.
The client is currently undergoing a refresh of its IT infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to be involved in the technical design and implementation of all aspects of core infrastructure network services. Previous experience of working within a school is not essential.
• 8+ years’ experience
• Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server Administration
• Windows 7/10 Desktop support
• Active Directory and Group Policy
• Networking, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
• Install and set basic configuration options for equipment such as switches, routers and firewall.
• Hyper-V Migration and management
• Knowledge of Chromebooks highly desirable
• Microsoft Exchange Administration
• Avaya Telephone support
• Wireless network administration (Ruckus)
• Able to configure and manage layer 3 switches
• SQL Server 2008 – 2016
• Familiarity with cloud technologies
• AD migration experience
• Server build experience
• Experience of Microsoft Cloud products
• MCSE highly desirable
• Experience of working with 3rd party service providers
The role to include: –
• Provide 2/3rd line support to both pupils and staff
• Detect, diagnose and resolve PC, printer and server faults
• Create and maintain system documentation
• Test and install upgrades to client/server applications (such as the school’s Management Information System);
• Assist and with the management of external support contracts and contact details.
Required as soon as possible.