Class 2 Driver
Our client is a leading seafood processor, processing shellfish to suit markets across the globe. With a strong reputation for quality. As a progressive and expanding business, they are always looking at forward-thinking opportunities for growth, including investing in our employees and cutting edge technology to increase our product range and developing an investment company to secure supply through fishing vessel procurement.
Due to further growth and expansion we currently have a vacancy for a Driver to join our team in Wimborne, Dorset.
- Transport raw and frozen product over land to and from various sea ports, fish markets, storage facilities and the factory.
- Load vehicles with raw and frozen product
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet collection/delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and time spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Manoeuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Hold a Class 2 / C Licence (Required as minimum)
- Hold a C + E Licence (Preferable but not essential)
- Hold up to date Driver CPC (Essential)
- Hold a Digi tacho card (Essential)
- Be flexible and able to adapt to driving a wide range of vehicles
- Have good knowledge and understanding of Driver Working Time Regulations
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and able to cover some weekends where required
- Good knowledge of the Southwest road network
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Be flexible, proactive and an excellent team player
The client offers excellent training and development opportunities throughout the business, encouraging employees to develop into more skilled roles through our internal development and promotion policies.
Rate of Pay: Starting £9.24 – £10.97 per hour (DOE) + Premiums
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com