Due to the continuing success of our client’s business, an opportunity has arisen for a skilled and highly motivated field based Service Engineer to join their well established service department at the Blandford depot.
Reporting directly to the Service controller, the successful candidate will be able to carry out diagnostics, servicing and general repairs to a full range of Construction machinery, in a safe and efficient way, ensuring the highest standard of workmanship at all times.
This is a field based, customer facing role, which requires the building of strong relationships within the Service sector of the business, whilst providing the very best possible levels of customer service at all times. Full support and product training will be provided where necessary.
Start Date: ASAP
- Service and maintain and other plant equipment to the manufactures specifications and to ensure machine reliability and safety.
- Have a keen eye for detail, reporting machine defects and upselling the services provided by wherever possible. This also comes with financial benefit for the candidate for all opportunities created.
- Successfully diagnose and rectify electrical, hydraulic, powertrain and various other faults prior to initiating and completing a repair.
- Operate ‘Service Master’ diagnostic software via a laptop computer (training will be given)
- Complete a detailed report of work completed along with supporting photographs and all allocated times in house Service Manager personal tablet system.
- Complete risk assessments in line with company health and safety policy and ensure safe working practices are in place at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the role
- Experience – knowledge and experience of a variety of machinery ideally in the construction or agricultural industry.
- Relationship Builder – Ability to interact with customers and develop/build a relationship that ultimately delivers a positively satisfying experience.
- Communication – Ability to deliver appropriate communication both internally and externally to allow planning and continued work to be effectively completed.
- Time Management – Ability to set timescales to own tasks to enable completion of duties and to ensure all tasks are carried out with a level of urgency and within a timely manner, whilst not compromising safety.
- Presentation – Present a professional image at all times.
- Must carry a full driving licence as well have the ability to operate machinery on site for testing purposes (training can be given to the right candidate)
- Excellent rates of pay dependent upon experience
- Overtime available at 1.5 x and 2 x standard hourly rate (subject to work load)
- Pension scheme contribution
- Fully maintained and equipped company Van, lap-top with diagnostic and product support software, mobile Tablet and Mobile Phone
- All PPE and company uniform provided
- 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org