Established almost 50 years ago, our client is a supplier of a comprehensive range of metal pipe and fabricated tube products for diverse industry sectors.
They are looking to employ a Jigs & Prototype operative based in Blandford.
The role will involve working as part of a team producing and maintaining Jigs & Fixtures that are used to aid production and assist with quality checks. Quality of work from the department will be validated through the use of CMM measurement. As the first point that all assembly components are united you will be responsible for ensuring their accuracy, and completing the relevant documents for non-conforming products. The role will involve some customer contact where production information is incomplete.
- Previous experience of working within an Engineering environment.
- Excellent ability to read engineering drawings and visualise in 3D.
- A clear understanding of coordinate data.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skill.
- Ability to train and support colleagues.
- Strong organisational skills.
- machining Experience.
- Welding Experience – MIG & TIG.
- Metrology experience i.e. FARO measurement.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that all required health, safety, quality and environmental conditions within the role are met and maintained.
- Assess all new job, and issue change, assembly components for accuracy of manufacture. Where parts are found to be incorrect assess root cause prior to rejection.
- The manufacture and maintenance of Jigs to company procedures.
- Assist with Prototype manufacture as required.
- Work with customer engineers and designers when more information is required.
- Propose enhancements to manufacturing processes and procedures based on initial production batches.
- Cascade lessons learnt to Quality team for PPAP documentation.
- Regular reporting of KPI’s.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £11.00 /hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org