Our client is a leading food manufacturer based in Sturminster Newton, they are currently recruiting for a semi-skilled engineer whose role will integral to the engineering team.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual who is able to build strong working relationships. Reporting directly to the Engineering manager your role will require you to work effectively and flexibly to ensure smooth running of production.
- Experience of maintaining production machinery
- Experience of preventative maintenance
- Experience in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take direction
- Ability to challenge others in a professional and constructive manner
- Understanding of environmental requirements and responsibilities
- Experience in a quality control environment
- Shows safety awareness and will take a step back to consider the safety aspect before ‘diving in’ to complete the task.
- Never gives up. Always finds a way.
- Effective Execution. Makes things happen.
- Works with all people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting their language and communication style where required.
- Good verbal and written English.
- Understands the business need to service & deliver quality to the customer.
- Works & interacts with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of personal goals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in Engineering focused activities in support of manufacturing plant and equipment performance KPIs.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement projects.
- Support site technical issue resolution and completion of improvement actions through good engineering practices and guidance.
- Identify and share best practice and contribute towards raising awareness, improving performance and transitioning to a pro-active engineering culture.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance to schedule.
- Completion of reactive maintenance work when machinery breaks down to ensure impact to line efficiencies is minimised.
- Team working on site development projects.
- Ensure high standards or engineering workmanship across site.
- Contribute to the development of existing and new standards for key items of equipment and facilities.
- Lead high standards of safety practices across the business.
- Complete routine takas without being prompted, including any other duties relating to your role.
In return the company offers a full time permanent role, with lots of employee benefits and a competitive salary
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org