If you love all things WordPress and WooCommerce, have a great track-record developing completely custom WooCommerce and WordPress websites—then our client wants you on their team! This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced developer to join their growing web design studio.
Required Skills set
- At least 2 years in a similar web development position.
- Expert WooCommerce & WordPress knowledge.
- Knowledge of e-commerce best practices and online shopping behaviour.
- Able to lead web development projects from inception to completion, collaborating with our designers and developers.
- Confident leading technical discussions in client meetings and scoping out client requirements face-to-face as well as over the phone.
- Team player.
- Professional, energetic and enthusiastic.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well rounded with lots of interests outside of work too.
- Active participation in team whiteboarding sessions when they kick-off a new project.
- Overseeing the creation of design concepts for e-commerce shops and brochure websites, ensuring what the company is proposing is achievable in code.
- Developing WooCommerce shops and WordPress websites from Sketch and Photoshop files provided.
- Maintaining WooCommerce & WordPress websites, ensuring they are secure, backed-up and up-to-date.
- Offering support to clients and spotting opportunities to develop their brands online.
- Being able to analyse data for clients from sources such as Google Analytics, HotJar and Google Search Console and advise them based on the findings.
- Optimising websites for use on mobile devices and ensuring they are always quick to load.
- Training clients on the WordPress and Woocommerce websites you have built.
- Writing clean, concise, easy to manage code; styles using preprocessors, such as Sass.
- Using GIT version control software, such as BitBucket, and browser testing websites using Browserstack to check for multi-browser compatibility.
- There is the potential to build web apps for existing clients, so experience with JS frameworks would be a big plus!
Core working hours & benefits
- Mon – Fri / 9am – 5pm – flexible hours are negotiable.
- Birthday off as standard.
- 22 days paid holiday allowance + bank holidays.
- Pension scheme to help you save for the future.
- Office Nintendo Switch for some team bonding.
- Office Spotify account to get you into your groove!
Please do not_ apply if you do not have examples of custom Woocommerce & WordPress websites that you have developed which you can send along with your CV_
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org